CONSUMER GUARANTEE AND MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
All Organ products sold by Principal Organs or its Authorised dealers are covered by Consumer Guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. These guarantees are as follows:
1. Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that goods are of acceptable quality when sold to a consumer
2. A supplier guarantees that goods will be reasonably fit for any purpose the consumer or supplier specified
3. Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that their description of goods (for example, in a catalogue or television commercial) is accurate
4. A supplier guarantees that goods will match any sample or demonstration model and any description provided
5. Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that the goods will satisfy any extra promises made about them (express warranties)
6. A supplier guarantees they have the right to sell the goods (clear title), unless they alerted the consumer before the sale that they had ?limited title
7. A supplier guarantees that no one will try to repossess or take back goods, or prevent the consumer using the goods, except in certain circumstances
8. A supplier guarantees that goods are free of any hidden securities or charges and will remain so, except in certain circumstances
9. Manufacturers or importers guarantee they will take reasonable steps to provide spare parts and repair facilities for a reasonable time after purchase
Principal Organs?goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
MAKING A CLAIM
Any claim made under this consumer guarantee must be made by contacting us, either by email to email@example.com or call 0417 837 470, within the applicable consumer guarantee period from the date of purchase from one of our authorised dealers, and providing us with details of the alleged defect and evidence of purchase from one of our authorised dealers. We will provide you with details of the nearest Principal Organs authorised service agent.
When making a claim under this consumer guarantee you are required (at your expense) to return the Goods to that Principal Organs authorised service agent and to collect it. When the Goods are delivered to that Principal Organs authorised service agent you are required to provide us with proof of purchase which details the purchase date, Goods serial number and the identity of the authorised dealer. Upon delivery to the Principal Organs authorised service agent, we will organise for the Goods to be assessed to determine (at our discretion) if the alleged defect is covered by this consumer guarantee. The Principal Organs authorised service agent will advise you by telephone, email or in writing whether the alleged defect is covered by this consumer guarantee. Any and all defects covered by this consumer guarantee will be scheduled for repair or replacement (at our option) and undertaken within a reasonable period of time, depending upon the availability of replacement parts, components and appropriate persons to undertake the work.
1. What products and services are guaranteed?
2. Consumer guarantees on products and services
3. Who to claim a remedy from
4. Exceptions to guarantees
5. How to Make a Consumer Complaint
6. More information
Full details of your consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au
Australian Consumer Law has issued a booklet called ?Consumer Guarantees ? A guide for businesses and legal practitioners? and you can download it here
If you have any questions in relation to this consumer guarantee, please contact Principal Organs Warranty Officer on 0417 837 470 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org